Nothing feels quite as good as kicking back after a long day of work to watch a Disney classic or a movie from your favorite franchise like Marvel or Star Wars. And that’s why Disney Plus (also known as Disney+) is currently among the best subscription on-demand streaming services.
Unfortunately, Disney Plus is only available in a limited number of regions around the world. But fear not! You can bypass these geo-restrictions to access Disney Plus content using a VPN. This article will explain how to watch Disney Plus on a VPN for all your binge-watching needs.
In Which Countries Is Disney Plus Available?
When it first launched, Disney Plus was only available in 6 countries. However, as of November 2020, it has expanded to cover more countries worldwide.
Territories in which the streaming service is available include but aren’t limited to the U.S., the U.K., Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, India, Indonesia, and Japan, as well as many South American countries. But while that’s certainly impressive, it still has a long way to go.
Unfortunately, if you live anywhere else, or even if you already have a subscription but need to travel abroad, you won’t be able to stream Disney’s content. To make matters worse, the Disney Plus catalog varies widely across regions, so even if you live in a supported region, you may still not be able to find specific titles.
How to Watch Disney Plus on a VPN
If you want to bypass geo-restrictions on Disney Plus, then the right Virtual Private Network (VPN) can be precisely what you need. It masks your original IP address and allows you to reroute your traffic to a server in another country. By connecting to a server in one of the 13 regions mentioned above, you can easily access Disney Plus content.
If you follow the few easy steps explained below, you’ll manage to watch Disney Plus from anywhere around the world.
Pro Tip: While some free VPNs may unblock Disney Plus content, we don’t recommend using them. They usually have subpar speeds, which will hinder your watching experience by causing laggy playback. They also pose some security risks and may contain malware.
2. After subscribing, download and install the VPN’s app to your device from the VPN provider’s website or your app store, then log in.
3. Connect to a server in the same country as the Disney Plus catalog you want to access.
4. Sign up for Disney Plus if you haven’t already. Bear in mind that you’ll need a payment method matching your VPN server’s region, but we’ll explore how to bypass that in the next section.
5. Log in to your account. You should be able to stream everything.
Pro Tip: If you get the error: “Something went wrong. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code 83),” try clearing your browser’s cookies and then refreshing the page.
Singing up to Disney Plus From Abroad
Disney Plus will block you from subscribing without the appropriate billing information, but you can still work around this hurdle.
Signing up With an Apple ID:
1. Sign out of your current Apple account.
2. Visit the App Store and select “Create New Apple ID.”
3. Change the region to the U.S. and create an account without adding a method of payment.
4. Buy an iTunes gift card with enough money to cover your Disney Plus subscription.
5. Start the Disney Plus subscription process and choose your iTunes gift card as your payment method.
Signing up With a Google Play Store Account
1. Connect to a VPN server in the U.S.
2. Create a new Google Play Store account, but don’t sign in.
3. Buy a Google Play gift card with enough money to pay for your subscription.
4. Redeem the card in the Google Play Store. When asked to enter a U.S. ZIP code, enter a random one.
5. By opening Settings > Accounts > Add Account > Google, add the new account.
6. Start the Disney Plus subscription process and use your Google balance as your payment method.
The Bottom Line
Now that you know how to watch Disney Plus on a VPN, you can enjoy all the content it has to offer. Whether you already have a valid subscription and want to access your favorite titles from abroad, or you permanently live in an unsupported region, a VPN can be the answer to your problem.